We are recruiting reliable kitchen assistants and porters available Monday to Friday or on the weekend for several clients across Reading and Berkshire. Benefits include weekly pay and flexible hours — allowing you to work well alongside your other commitments.
Kitchen Porter Jobs in Reading and Berkshire What we offer
- Weekly pay
- Flexible hours
- Great work/life balance
- Day shifts
We are looking for…
- Reliable kitchen porters with proven experience.
- The ability to be flexible and to travel across Reading abd the surrounding areas
- Willingness to work across different kitchens and sites.
- Experience as a catering or general assistant.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Food Safety Level 2 and Food Allergen Certificate.
- Reliability and good timekeeping skills.
You will be expected to be able to perform the below tasks:
- Clean and sterilise countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills, and sinks, General Kitchen Porter duties
- Receive deliveries and organising them in the kitchen
- Wash dirty dishes like cutlery, pots, cutting boards and pans — or load dishes into the dishwasher
- Support the Chef in basic food preparation like cutting ingredients, peeling, and washing food items.
- Serving customers with a friendly attitude and excellent customer service.
- Handling cash transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Assisting with pot washing to maintain cleanliness and organization in the kitchen.
- Engaging in general tidying to uphold a clean and organized environment.
- Collaborating effectively within a team to deliver exceptional service.
- Aiding in meal preparation using fresh ingredients with attention to detail.
- Supporting kitchen staff in their daily tasks.
- Performing daily cleaning duties as directed by the chef manager.
If this Kitchen Porter Job appeals to you, please don’t hesitate to click ‘apply’!
We are actively reviewing applicant details so if this Kitchen Porter job vacancy is of interest to you, please apply today.
The consultant handling this opening is Kam Bhaat who can be reached on on firstname.lastname@example.org - please get in touch if any questions regarding this position or other similar job vacancies.